Silver Spring Takoma Park Restaurant Week Set for September 6-11 (VIDEO)
Over 20 restaurants in Silver Spring and Takoma Park are joining together from Sept. 6 – 11 for the second annual Silver Spring Takoma Park Restaurant Week. Participating restaurants will offer special lunch and dinner fixed-price menus throughout the week to encourage residents from around Montgomery County to discover some of the area’s best dining establishments.
Montgomery County Councilmember Tom Hucker worked last year to have local restaurants unite for the special week. The downtowns of Silver Spring and Takoma Park continue to evolve into two of the County’s most vibrant areas and restaurant week is a new tradition for the business districts with many unique eateries, but which are areas without formal restaurant associations.
During Silver Spring Takoma Park Restaurant Week, participating restaurants will offer two-course lunches for $12 and three-course lunches for $17. Two-course dinners will be available for $17 and three-course dinners will be offered for $27.
“For the second year, Silver Spring Takoma Park Restaurant Week is a six-day culinary celebration that will highlight the variety of dining options available in the area,” said Councilmember Hucker. “The participating restaurants encompass the diversity of cuisine and culture that embody modern Silver Spring and Takoma Park—Cuban, Mexican, Ethiopian, Chinese, Korean, Nepalese, Vietnamese, Middle-Eastern, American and so much more. At such affordable prices, residents and visitors have a great incentive to come to Silver Spring and Takoma Park for the first time or for regular diners to try something new. ”
Restaurants participating in restaurant week so far include:
- Adega Wine Cellars & Café (8519 Fenton St.)
- A.G. Kitchen (931 Ellsworth Drive)
- All Set Restaurant & Bar (8630 Fenton St.)
- Bibim (923 Sligo Ave.); BurgerFI (8504 Fenton St.)
- Capital City Cheesecake (7071 Carroll Ave. in Takoma Park)
- Cubano’s (1201 Fidler Ln.)
- Denizens Brewing Company (1115 East-West Highway)
- El Gavilan (8805 Flower Ave.)
- El Golfo (8739 Flower Ave.)
- Ethio Express (952 Sligo Ave.)
- Ghar-E-Kabob (944 Wayne Ave.)
- Kin Da (6923 Laurel Ave. in Takoma Park)
- La Malinche (8622 Colesville Rd.)
- Middle Eastern Cuisine (7006 Carroll Ave. in Takoma Park)
- Mix Bar and Grille (8241 Georgia Ave.)
- NaiNai’s Noodle & Dumpling Bar (1200 East-West Highway)
- Not Your Average Joe’s (8661 Colesville Rd., Suite 153)
- Pho Tan Vinh (8705 Colesville Rd.)
- Republic (6939 Laurel Ave. in Takoma Park)
- Roscoe’s Neopolitan Pizzeria (7040 Carroll Ave. in Takoma Park)
- Scion Restaurant (1200 East-West Highway)
- Society (8229 Georgia Ave.)
- SouperGirl (314 Carroll St. NW, Washington, D.C.)
- Spring Mill Bread Company (7300 Carroll Ave. in Takoma Park)
- Thai at Silver Spring (921E Ellsworth Dr.)
- and Urban Winery (949 Bonifant St.)
More information about Silver Spring Takoma Park Restaurant Week is available at www.SSTPRestaurantWeek.com or by calling 240.777.7960.