5 Simple Rules for Increased Harmony in Life
Between work, parenting, chores, and whatever else life throws at you, life can be stressful and overwhelming at times. Here are a few basic principles that can help increase harmony in your daily life:
1) Create a structured plan to complete chores (i.e., laundry, food shopping) and other tasks, and stick to it.
2) Be consistent with parenting, setting rules, etc. If you feel that you are struggling to parent effectively, or feel that your child/teen is displaying significant academic, behavioral, or other difficulties, seek professional assistance for you and them (i.e., psychologist, social worker, tutor, ADHD coach, etc.)
3) Carve out time each week to do an activity that you love (i.e., play golf, tennis, go running)
4) Take care of yourself (i.e., eat healthy, workout regularly, engage in activities to limit stress)
5) If you don’t feel that you’re as happy as you could be, figure out what would make you as happy as possible and take the necessary steps to make that a reality.
Obviously these rules don’t cover every single situation or issue that can arise. However, they encompass a wide variety of domains associated with daily living. Use these strategies as a guide and motivator to taking whatever actions are necessary to improve your daily life so that you can enjoy it to the fullest.
In addition to regular blog updates, you can follow me through The Heller Psychology Group’s Social Media pages for daily postings of useful articles:
*Disclaimer: The previous information is intended as general guidance based on my professional opinion, does not constitute an established professional relationship, and should not replace the recommendations of a psychologist or other licensed professional with whom you initiate or maintain a professional relationship*