A Look at the Week Ahead in Montgomery County
It’s going to be a busy week in Montgomery County.
Here’s a quick look at the week ahead:
Sunday, Dec. 4:
- Six Montgomery County residents will be inducted in the Human Rights Hall of Fame at the BlackRock Center for the Arts in Germantown on Sunday afternoon.
- Also on Sunday, the 31st annual Montgomery County Executive’s Ball benefitting the Arts and Humanities takes place at the Bethesda North Marriott Hotel and Conference Center.
Monday, Dec. 5:
- Montgomery County Executive Ike Leggett, public safety officials and Health and Human Services officials will announce the county’s Dementia Friendly Initiative at 11 a.m. at Public Safety Headquarters in Gaithersburg on Monday.
- In Rockville, Montgomery County Council President Nancy Floreen is scheduled to meet with reporters at 11 a.m. for her final weekly briefing as president.
- The Gaithersburg City Council meets on Monday evening.
- In Rockville, city leaders are scheduled to recognize Acting City Manager Craig Simoneau and present the Good Neighbor Awards.
- You can weigh in on short term rentals, such as Airbnb, at a Planning Department public meeting.
Tuesday, Dec. 6:
- The Montgomery County Council meets and on the agenda is the election of Council officers and the state’s legislative program.
- Vasilis Kitchen officially opens in Kentlands.
Wednesday, Dec. 7:
- Election results are expected to be certified by the Board of Elections.
Thursday, Dec. 8:
- The Damascus Swarmin’ Hornets are playing against Franklin for the 3A state championship in Annapolis.
- Speaking of football, some local police officers are taking on some high school players in Germantown.
— SVHS ScreamingEagles (@SenecaValleyHS) November 30, 2016
Friday, Dec. 9:
- Friday is the last day to vote online in the Montgomery County Bicycle Master Plan Photo Contest.
- The Quince Orchard Cougars are playing against Wise for the 4A state championship in Annapolis.
Saturday, Dec. 10:
- The ribbon cutting for Progress Place takes place at 10:30 am. at 8106 Georgia Avenue.
- A groundbreaking ceremony for the Good Hope Neighborhood Recreation Center takes place at 12:30 p.m. at 14715 Good Hope Road in Silver Spring.
- The Metropolitan Ballet Theatre’s performance of The Nutcracker continues this weekend at Montgomery College and MCM’s Tony Spearman Leach has a starring role on Saturday.
- It’s the one year anniversary of Officer Noah Leotta’s death.