Arts Barn Open House During Oktoberfest
The Arts Barn open house on Oct. 13 from 12 noon to 5 p.m. provides activities for all ages. Visitors may observe artists working in their studios, explore the painting and photography artwork on display in the gallery, meet life-size characters from the upcoming production of Disney’s Winnie-the-Pooh and attend performances in the theater.
The open house coincides with the Oktoberfest at the Kentlands. Admission and parking for Oktoberfest and the Arts Barn Open House is free.
Performances in the theater:
- Montgomery Playhouse performing scenes from Neil Simon’s God’s Favorite
- Kensington Arts Theatre 2nd Stage performing songs from Annie
- Dave Dossey of the Sandy Spring Theatre Group demonstrates radio theatre in preparation for the upcoming performance of War of the Worlds
- The Sandy Spring Theatre Group performing scenes from Scrooge, The Musical
- Domenic Cicala & Thensome, an assemblage of musicians firmly rooted in the Rock and Roll trinity of Bruce, Elvis, and Hank… with a dose of Woody thrown in.
- Kidville Rockin’ Railroad Band.
- Face painting for children
- Open Studio with Tony Glander, Stained Glass Artist and Jaree & Jack Donnelly, Sculpture, Photography, Painting & Jewelry
- Visual Arts Demonstrations by Vian Borchert, Leigh Partington & Sue Kay
- Exhibit featuring landscape paintings by Melissa Miller and JoEllen Murphy, stone carving by Richardene Forrest-Thweatt, and photography by Domenic Cicala