Bethesda Named Richest Small City In America
Bethesda is the “richest small city in America,” according to Movoto Real Estate Blog.
The rankings of the top ten cities were compiled using a list of 950 places with populations between 30,000 and 80,000 people according to the Census.
The cities were then ranked based on median household income and median home value, in addition to access to the following places:
- Really expensive fine dining establishments per capita
- Really expensive clothing retailers per capita
- Really expensive jewelry stores per capita
- Luxury car dealers per capita
- Country clubs per capita
- Cosmetic surgeons per capita
- Distance to nearest polo field
- Distance to nearest yacht club
- Distance to nearest private airport
“What we found is that, when it comes to small cities and towns, there’s none richer—in terms of actual wealth or things the wealthy enjoy—than Bethesda,” read the Movoto blog.
Find more information about the rankings and see the entire list here.