Boy, 4, Burned in Boyds Fire

A 4-year-old boy was burned in a Boyds fire Sunday afternoon, according to the Twitter feed of Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service spokesman Pete Piringer.

The cause of the fire likely was fireworks and it caused about $20,000 in damage, Piringer tweeted

Fighting the fire was hampered because the location, in the 16700 block of Barnesville Road, was not serviced by a hydrant.

The fire was in a “makeshift” apartment above a garage, Piringer tweeted.

Firefighters had sought a Maryland State Police helicopter for the boy, but the request was canceled after further evaluating the child, Piringer said. Instead he was taken to a hospital, where his injuries were determined to be not life threatening, Piringer said.

Like this post? Sign up for our Daily Update here.
Douglas Tallman

About Douglas Tallman

Reporter with 35 years experience throughout Maryland. Reach me at or via Twitter at @MCM-Doug


| Comments are closed.

Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter