Burtonsville Townhouse Fire Displaces Residents

fire truck close up for slider 450 x 280A townhouse fire in Burtonsville last night displaced four adults and one child and caused an estimated $50,000 in damage, according to Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Spokesperson Pete Piringer.

Piringer said the fire at 3637 Childress Terrace was caused by an overheated extension cord. He said there were no injuries and that smoke alarms alerted the family to the blaze.

Like this post? Sign up for our Daily Update here.
Sonya Burke

About Sonya Burke

Sonya Burke is the Multimedia Manager at Montgomery Community Media (MCM). You can email story ideas at sburke@mymcmedia.org or reach her on Twitter @SonyaNBurke.


| No comments yet.

Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter