Business Networking is Essential
Want to know an easy, affordable way to grow your business? I will share this secret with you: Join your local chamber of commerce. It will be one of the best things you can do for your business. Your local Chamber – like the Gaithersburg-Germantown Chamber of Commerce (GGCC) – is a place committed to your success!
You’ve heard the saying – “It’s not what you know that counts; it’s who you know”?
That saying is never truer than when you are talking about business and the importance of business networking.
Many people network to get leads for new business, but networking can also help you improve your business practices, sell products, find a job, change careers, or accomplish any number of professional goals.
Networking is the single most powerful marketing tactic to accelerate and sustain success. Get out there and meet folks, ask friends for introductions or recommendations, attend chamber events – this is what networking is all about!
Business networking is only as good as you make it. Trading business cards with dozens of people, sending out mass e-mail blasts to everyone you know, or racking up hundreds of friends on Facebook may not accomplish much. It is relationship building and follow-up that counts. Seeing the people regularly at a chamber events and keeping in touch will help your business grow!
Networking: By joining your local Chamber, networking can help your business change in two significant ways.
- First, Chambers of Commerce (like the GGCC) regularly have mixers, offering you the chance to meet and do business with your fellow Chamber members.
- Second, you will be meeting a host of like-minded business people that can help you strengthen your business. You will meet people to bounce ideas off of and to get new ideas from others that can be applied to your business.
Networking Events: The GGCC offers over 30 networking and special events annually. You can view the upcoming schedule of GGCC events/mixers at www.ggchamber.org. We invite you to come and try us out; you are invited to your first GGCC event at the member rate.
Seal of Approval: An added bonus of being a chamber member is that other businesses and consumers are more likely to do business with Chamber Members. A survey taken by the American Chamber of Commerce Executives revealed that:
- “If a company shows that it is highly involved in its local chamber, consumers are 12% more likely to think that its products stack up better against its competition”.
- “When consumers know that a restaurant franchise is a member of the chamber of commerce, they are 40% more likely to eat at the franchise in the next few months”.
- “When consumers know that a small business is a member of the chamber of commerce, they are 44% more likely to think favorably of it and 63% more likely to purchase goods or services from the company in the future”.
Isn’t it time to you started networking at your local Chamber of Commerce? The GGCC’s doors are open to you and your business. For more information contact Laura Rowles, Director of Events & Marketing, at 301-840-1400 x14 – or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope to see you NETWORKING soon!