Chicken Coop Fire in Poolesville (PHOTO)

A heat lamp may have caused a chicken coop fire at 17409 Chiswell Road in Poolesville on Sunday morning, according to Montgomery County fire and rescue spokesperson Pete Piringer.

Piringer said six chickens died in the accidental blaze that also damaged the exterior siding of the adjacent house.

According to Piringer, a resident sustained burns to his hand when he tried to extinguish the fire before firefighters arrived on scene.

Damage is estimated at $15,000, Piringer said.

Like this post? Sign up for our Daily Update here.
Sonya Burke

About Sonya Burke

Sonya Burke is the Multimedia Manager at Montgomery Community Media (MCM). You can email story ideas at or reach her on Twitter @SonyaNBurke.


| Comments are closed.

Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter