Chimney Fire Causes $100,000 Damage to Germantown House

PHOTO | MCFRS

PHOTO | MCFRS

A chimney fire at a Germantown house along Wanegarden Court caused an estimated $100,000 in damages and displaced four people and a dog Saturday night, according to a Montgomery County fire official.

Fire and Rescue Services Spokesperson Pete Piringer said the blaze began in the chimney and extended to the attic.

During the fire department’s response, Piringer described the scene at the house as a “firefight.”

According to Piringer, there were no injuries and the cause of the fire has been ruled accidental.

Like this post? Sign up for our Daily Update here.
Sonya Burke

About Sonya Burke

Sonya Burke is the Multimedia Manager at Montgomery Community Media (MCM). You can email story ideas at sburke@mymcmedia.org or reach her on Twitter @SonyaNBurke.

Comments

| No comments yet.



Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter