Christmas Day House Fire: Three People Burned, Five Displaced

fire truck for slider450x280UPDATED Montgomery County firefighters have determined what caused a single-family house fire that sent three people, including two firefighters, to the hospital with burns and displaced five adults on Christmas Day.

It happened shortly before 8:30 a.m. on Dec. 25 on Narrows Court in Silver Spring and has been ruled accidental.

Assistant Fire Chief Scott Graham said the improper use of flammable liquids to start the fireplace caused the blaze.

On this Twitter account, Graham reported that one man was burned in the fire and was transported to the hospital with burns before firefighters arrived on scene. The man’s condition is unknown. Graham said two firefighters received minor burns battling the blaze.

Graham estimates damages at approximately $750,000 at the two-story structure and noted the fire began on the first floor.

No other information has been released.



Like this post? Sign up for our Daily Update here.
Sonya Burke

About Sonya Burke

Sonya Burke is the Multimedia Manager at Montgomery Community Media (MCM). You can email story ideas at or reach her on Twitter @SonyaNBurke.


| Comments are closed.

Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter