Commercial Building Fire Causes $600,000 in Damage (PHOTO)

UPDATED A fire at a sign shop at 9103 C Gaither Road caused an estimated $600,000 in damage, according to a Montgomery County fire official.



When the first units arrived on scene, Fire and Rescue Services Spokesperson Pete Piringer said smoke was coming from the building which is located near Shady Grove Road.

According to Piringer, the fire originated near a heater and has been ruled accidental. He said one firefighter was injured at the scene.

There were traffic delays in the area during the fire department’s response.


Like this post? Sign up for our Daily Update here.
Sonya Burke

About Sonya Burke

Sonya Burke is the Multimedia Manager at Montgomery Community Media (MCM). You can email story ideas at or reach her on Twitter @SonyaNBurke.


| Comments are closed.

Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter