Condo Fire in Montgomery Village (PHOTOS)



A family of four, one adult and three children, was forced out of their Heron’s Cove condominium after a fire was sparked in their home at 19030 Mills Choice Road in Montgomery Village after 9 p.m. on April 13.

Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service (MCFRS) Spokesperson Pete Piringer said the fire caused approximately $15,000 damage to the condominium and its contents. There were no injuries.

Investigators believe the blaze was sparked in a bedroom by an overheated electrical device, a TV modem, Piringer reported on his Twitter account.

After extinguishing the fire, Montgomery County firefighters went door-to-door and replaced and/or installed ten smoke alarms at the homes of neighbors. Piringer said the smoke alarm was working in the condominium where the fire occurred.







Like this post? Sign up for our Daily Update here.
Sonya Burke

About Sonya Burke

Sonya Burke is the Multimedia Manager at Montgomery Community Media (MCM). You can email story ideas at or reach her on Twitter @SonyaNBurke.


| Comments are closed.

Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter