County Council Meets June 11
The Montgomery County Council’s regular weekly meeting will begin at 9:30 a.m. on June 11 in the Third Floor Hearing Room of the Council Office Building at 100 Maryland Ave. in Rockville. The morning session and a public hearing starting at 1:30 p.m. will be televised live by County Cable Montgomery (CCM—Cable Channel 6 on Comcast and RCN, Channel 30 on Verizon).
Items on the Agenda include the reappointment of Marye Wells-Harley to the Planning Board and the introduction of legislation related to;
- Historic Preservation – Tax Credit, sponsored by Councilmembers Rice, Floreen, Elrich and Riemer.
- Ross Boddy Neighborhood Recreation Center. Special Capital Improvements Project
- Special Capital Improvements Project for Universities at Shady Grove Expansion
- Special Capital Improvements Project for Dennis Avenue Health Center
- Special Capital Improvements Project for Public Safety Training Academy (PSTA)
Public Hearings will be held starting at 1:30 p.m. regarding;
- The Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy Program
- Twenty-two Corrective Map Amendments (G-927 through G-936, G-938 through G-948, and G-952) to correct technical errors in zoning boundaries and zoning classifications on the official zoning maps for certain properties located throughout the County.
- A supplemental appropriation to the FY13 Operating Budget, Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service – Assistance to Firefighters Grant and County Program Support.
- Supplemental appropriation to the County Government’s FY13 Operating Budget for Snow Removal/Wind and Rain
At 7:30 p.m. there will be a Public Hearing regarding the revised Zoning Ordinance and companion District Map Amendment.
This meeting is on the first major rewrite of the County Zoning Code since 1978. Among the goals of the most significant changes in 35 years will be to update all aspects of the ordinance, create more predictability in the standards and promote “green” land use practices.
The public hearing will be held in the Third Floor Hearing Room of the Council Office Building, which is located at 100 Maryland Ave. in Rockville. The meeting will be televised live by County Cable Montgomery (CCM—Cable Channel 6 on Comcast and RCN, Channel 30 on Verizon).
For details see, June 11 Public Hearing: Zoning Ordinance Changes.