County Paper Shredding Events (Video)
Montgomery County Division of Solid Waste Services is sponsoring a series of spring paper shredding and recycling events open to the public May 5 at Quince Orchard High School and June 8 at Magruder High School. Residents may bring confidential papers that will be shredded and recycled. Learn more in this video report on the April 6 event at Takoma Park Middle School.
Visit our PEG partner County Cable Montgomery to view more of its local programming.
Paper shredding is available at no charge to Montgomery County, Maryland residents only (no businesses are permitted).
• All types of paper such as financial and legal documents, receipts, and tax and medical records are acceptable
• Papers with staples or paper clips are acceptable, but please remove binder clips
• Envelopes with plastic windows are acceptable
• Please remove paper from 3-ring binders and spiral notebooks
• No plastic items such as credit cards or plastic bags
• No electronic items such as CD’s or computer disks
• Limit: five paper bags or small cardboard boxes of paper per household/vehicle
• For the safety of all residents, please remain in your vehicle at all times
Download Shred and Recycle flyer for details.