Design By Courtney
Design by Courtney- “Are You Ready for Some Football?!?!?!?!??!”
This post will be all about sports: football, soccer, basketball, baseball and tennis… just to name a few. It’s true that sports are awesome, but we don’t want your dorm to look like a kid’s room! We want your room to look like a mature sports lover’s room. So, here are some affordable ways to make your dorm into sports central:
DIY (Do It Yourself)
- Find one of those novelty basketball hoops, such as the ones you hang on your door, and put it over your trash can. Each time you want to throw something out you can make it into a fun game by trying to get it through the hoop.
- Take your favorite team’s jersey and get an old picture frame, like those in a local thrift store, and frame the jersey and hang it on your wall. It will show off your favorite team while adding decoration to your wall.
These sports throws are perfect for displaying your favorite team, and they will keep you warm in your chilly dorm. You can find similar items at Wal-Mart. They have a lot of different team throws.
It’s a sports room, right?!? Why shouldn’t you have a mini Foosball table that you can pull out from under your bed and have some fun with your buddies? You can find a similar item at Fred Flare for $36. http://www.fredflare.com/APARTMENT/Mini-Foosball-Table/
Go to FatHead.com and get your favorite player to put on your wall. It’s a perfect way to improve your dorm wall, because it’s easy to apply and to remove without any residue.
You really love your favorite sports team, but you also feel too old to have a confronter with their logo on it. I’ve got that problem solved! Rather than getting blankets or sheets or curtains with your favorite team’s logo on it, just get your items in the same color as the team’s colors. For example, if you’re a diehard Red Skins fan and you don’t want their logo everywhere, use their colors which are burgundy and gold (with white accents). Let’s try this…
- Burgundy curtains: you can still cheer on your favorite team and bring warmth your dorm. You can find similar items at Sears for only $18.99
- Gold (dark yellow) bedding will add a good contrast to the curtains, and they are also really cool to sleep-in. You can find a similar item at Sears for $44.99 dollars. http://www.sears.com/scala-400-thread-count-100-egyptian-cotton-striped/p-SPM5844776909?prdNo=6&blockNo=31&blockType=G31
- This Red Skins Plush pillow will give your dorm that playful edge, while still incorporating your favorite team. You can find a similar item at Wal-Mart for $9.97
- This foot ball lamp is perfect for your sports themed dorm! It is gives a mature feeling to your dorm. You can find similar items on PBteens for $64.00.
*on the website they also have baseball and basketball lamps.
These examples are just some of my ideas to transform your boring dorm into sports central. Next week, I will be going Modern for the modern teen! Remember, always shop smart!