Education Forums Scheduled Around County
Residents will get a chance to hear information and to offer comments on the programs and budgets of Montgomery County Public Schools and Montgomery College in a series of public forums that start Feb. 15, a county statement said.
Montgomery County Council Education Committee Chair Craig Rice, MCPS Superintendent Jack Smith and college President DeRionne Pollard will host the meetings. This is the third year county education leaders are conducting a Countywide tour to address the school budget process.
The forums will address how the school board, county executive and County Council establish budget priorities. At the forums, subjects will include what the school system and college are doing to prepare for fiscal 2018, which will the council will adopt in May and which begins July 1.
Residents also will hear how they can influence decisions that will be made as the county works to adopt next year’s budget.
All forums will be held from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. The schedule for the forums:
- Wednesday, Feb. 15: Northwest High School cafeteria, 13501 Richter Farm Road, Germantown.
- Wednesday, March 8: Montgomery Blair cafeteria, 51 University Blvd. East, Silver Spring.
- Wednesday, March 15: Montgomery College’s Takoma Park/Silver Spring campus, Catherine F. Scott Building, also known as the CM Building, Room 211, 7600 Takoma Ave., Takoma Park.
- Wednesday, March 22: Walter Johnson High School cafeteria, 6400 Rock Spring Drive, Bethesda.
- Wednesday, March 29: Richard Montgomery High School cafeteria, 250 Richard Montgomery Drive, Rockville.
For more information about any of the forums, call Rice’s office at 240-777-7955 or email him at: