Rohrer said elections staff worked around the clock to process the rush of last minute registration forms.
Although most voters will go to the polls to vote in the Presidential election on Nov. 6, some residents have already cast their votes via absentee ballots.
A steady stream of people were spotted voting on absentee ballots at the elections office on Oct. 22. The voters told MyMCMedia’s Sonya Burke that they were either going to be out of town or busy on Election Day so they were casting their ballots now.
Montgomery County is also offering Early Voting from Oct. 27 – Nov. 1 at five voting centers in Montgomery County.
The voting centers will be open from 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. (and 12 p.m. – 6 p.m. on Sunday) at the following locations:
- Bauer Drive Community Recreation Center, 14625 Bauer Drive, Rockville
- Germantown Recreation Center, 18905 Kingsview Road, Germantown
- Marilyn Praisner Community Recreation Center, 14906 Old Columbia Pike, Burtonsville
- Montgomery County Executive Office Building, 101 Monroe Street, Rockville
- Silver Spring Civic Building, One Veterans Place
Results from the early voting centers will be released shortly after the polls close at 8 p.m. on Election Day, according to Rohrer.
During the primary election, Rohrer said the most busiest early voting centers were at Bauer in Rockville and the Civic Building in Silver Spring.
For more information about the election or voting, visit the Montgomery County Board of Elections website at www.777vote.org.
On Election Day, you can even find current wait times at local precincts listed on the website as well.