Be sure to watch this episode # 52 of Connecting Our Community on Ch. 21 using the MyMCMedia’s Montgomery Channel on demand feature.
On this edition of Connecting Our Community, hosted by Karen Allyn our guest is well known local Licensed Psychologist, Lawyer and author, Dr. Michael Milgraum. The discussion includes signs and symptoms of PTSD that many immigrants are suffering from while fighting for political asylum along with Dr. Michael Milgraum’s book, Never Forget My Soul (a psycho-spiritual novel), his family history and how it relates to some of the stories that he has heard.
Some local resources for people needing help with immigration, political asylum or PTSD are:
- American Immigration Lawyers Association—202-507-7600 aila.org
2. Catholic Charities, Immigration Legal Services—low cost immigration assistance
Silver Spring phone: 301-942-1790
3. The Pro Bono Counseling Project (low-cost or free psychological counseling)-
410 5 1001, Toll Free 877 3235800
4. Mental Health Association Hotline: 301-738-CALL(2255) Mhamc.org
5. Michael Milgraum, Esq., Ph.D., Licensed Psychologist
Author of Never Forget My Soul (a psycho-spiritual novel) www.DoctorMMsolutions.com