Family of Five Displaced by Bennion Road House Fire



Montgomery County firefighters are investigating what sparked a house fire at 4409 Bennion Road in Veirs Mill Village.

Fire Spokesperson Pete Piringer said that when firefighters arrived on the scene there was heavy fire showing. According to Piringer, the fire originated from the back porch area. It took nearly 30 minutes for firefighters to get the blaze under control.

He said the family of five has been displaced along with their pets (dogs, cat, rabbit and turtles).

An elderly resident was transported to the hospital for smoke inhalation, Piringer said.

According to Piringer, firefighters believe the blaze may have been accidental and electrical in nature. He said damage is estimated at $425,000.

On his Twitter account, Piringer reported there were no working smoke alarms in the house.

Like this post? Sign up for our Daily Update here.
Sonya Burke

About Sonya Burke

Sonya Burke is the Multimedia Manager at Montgomery Community Media (MCM). You can email story ideas at or reach her on Twitter @SonyaNBurke.


| Comments are closed.

Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter