MCPS Students Named Siemens Semifinalists
Fifteen Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) students have been named semifinalists in the prestigious Siemens Competition in Mathematics, Science and Technology.
The semifinalists from MCPS are:
- Megan C. Chao, Montgomery Blair High School
- Neil S. Davey, Montgomery Blair High School
- Robert T. Martin, Montgomery Blair High School
- Jessica Shi, Montgomery Blair High School
- Daniel D. Liu, Winston Churchill High School
- Zichen Wang, Winston Churchill High School
- Vincent Hsiao, Poolesville High School
- Vinay K. Sriram, Poolesville High School
- Kyung Mok Bae, Richard Montgomery High School
- Emily Z. Ma, Richard Montgomery High School
- Yiyi Li, Richard Montgomery High School
- Lisa Deng, Walt Whitman High School
- Sayan Basu, Thomas S. Wootton High School
- Pallavi Malla, Thomas S. Wootton High School
- Uday Misra, Thomas S. Wootton High School
The Siemens Competition is the nation’s leading original research competition for high school students, sponsored by the Siemens Foundation, and is administered each year by the College Board.
A total of 2,440 students registered for the 2013-2014 competition, representing 1,599 projects. Students in the Siemens Competition vie for college scholarships ranging from $1,000 to $100,000, in both individual and team categories.
Nationally, 331 students were named semifinalists on Oct 18. Of the 16 semifinalists from Maryland, all but one is from MCPS.
The list of 100 regional finalists was also released Friday and no Maryland students were invited to the regional competitions. In 2012, MCPS had 12 Siemens semifinalists and one student was invited to a regional competition.
For more information on the Siemens Competition, visit the Siemens Foundation website.