CO leak Gaithersburg 07-27-16 2

Fire and Rescue Crews Transport Five Rockville Residents for Carbon Monoxide Exposure (PHOTOS)

Montgomery County fire and rescue crews transported five residents from their Rockville area home, located on the 1000 block of Gaither Road, early Wednesday morning after they were exposed to carbon monoxide.

According to Fire and Rescue Spokesperson Daniel Ogren, residents woke to a “strange odor” and found their car running in the garage. The car had been running for 9 hours, Ogren said.

Two adults and three children were taken to Shady Grove hospital, after they experienced minor symptoms of carbon monoxide exposure, Ogren said.

Maureen Chowdhury

About Maureen Chowdhury

Maureen Chowdhury is a multimedia journalist with Montgomery Community Media. She can be reached at mchowdhury@mymcmedia.org and on Twitter at @MediaMaureen. Maureen authors the blog Sound Check on MyMCMedia.

Comments

| No comments yet.



Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter