Fire and Rescue Transport Family of Seven for Carbon Monoxide Exposure in Layhill Area

Firetruck close upMontgomery County fire and rescue crews transported a family of seven from their Layhill area home, at 12 Wimbledon Court, early Monday morning after they were exposed to carbon monoxide.

Fire and Rescue Spokesperson Pete Piringer said firefighters detected high levels of carbon monoxide in the home. The family was using a charcoal grill to heat the home because the power was out, Piringer said.

According to Piringer two adults and five children have non-life-threatening injuries and were transported to the University of Maryland Hospital in Baltimore Shock Trauma for treatment as a precaution.

Like this post? Sign up for our Daily Update here.
Maureen Chowdhury

About Maureen Chowdhury

Maureen Chowdhury is a multimedia journalist with Montgomery Community Media. She can be reached at and on Twitter at @MediaMaureen. Maureen authors the blog Sound Check on MyMCMedia.


| Comments are closed.

Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter