Fire at Holy Child in Potomac (PHOTOS)
The Connelly School of the Holy Child is closed today, May 5, (with one exception) following a fire in the conference room of the main building on Monday night.
Officials with the school are instructing AP Calculus students to report to the Crivella room at 7:45 a.m. at the school.
Fire and Rescue Spokesperson Pete Piringer said the fire at 9029 Bradley Boulevard was caused by spontaneous combustion of oily rags in the utility room. Piringer said damage is estimated at $50,000. There were no injuries.
PHOTOS | MCFRS
(950a) 9029 Bradley Blvd, Connelly School – Holy Child, automatic fire alarm, FFs arrived w/ smoke in bldg, fire in utility room
— Pete Piringer (@mcfrsPIO) May 5, 2015