Fire at Sardi’s Restaurant in Gaithersburg (PHOTOS)

sardis

PHOTO | MCFRS

UPDATED Montgomery County firefighters have determined a fire at Sardi’s, 430 North Frederick Avenue in Gaithersburg, was caused by an electrical malfunction on the roof.

According to Fire and Rescue Spokesperson Pete Piringer, over 60 firefighters responded to the blaze that was reported around 7 a.m. on Sept. 28.

On his Twitter account, Piringer tweeted out a photo that showed flames through the roof of the restaurant.

The fire caused $100,000 in damage, Piringer said, and one firefighter received minor injuries.

During the fire department’s response and fire investigation, North Frederick Avenue (MD 355) was closed between Chestnut Street and Odendhal Avenue. The road reopened by mid-morning.

Like this post? Sign up for our Daily Update here.
Sonya Burke

About Sonya Burke

Sonya Burke is the Multimedia Manager at Montgomery Community Media (MCM). You can email story ideas at sburke@mymcmedia.org or reach her on Twitter @SonyaNBurke.

Comments

| No comments yet.



Engage us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter