Fire Rescue Crews Transporting Eleven People for Carbon Monoxide Exposure in Rockville
UPDATED Montgomery County fire and rescue crews transported 11 workers from a construction site, at 14935 B Southlawn Lane, late Monday afternoon after they were exposed to carbon monoxide.
On his Twitter account, Fire and Rescue Spokesperson Pete Piringer said some of the workers’ conditions were serious, but he said none of the injuries were life threatening.
He described the incident as a “mass casualty incident.”
According to Piringer, the building at this site has been evacuated and ventilated. He also reported that the carbon monoxide build up was likely caused by some gas powered equipment at the site.
Southlawn La, likely cause of CO buildup were the operation of gas powered equip (concrete finishers) inside w/o vent pic.twitter.com/BbNCZFLZsW
— Pete Piringer (@mcfrsPIO) May 11, 2015
14935 Southlawn La, Hazmat, high levels CO, EMS evaluating several person, at least 1 transported, thus far — Pete Piringer (@mcfrsPIO) May 11, 2015