Five Things to Know Today, July 24th, in Montgomery County
1. Traffic Alert: State Highway Administration crews will close lanes tonight on Randolph Road and Georgia Avenue tonight as part of a road construction project that is designed to reduce gridlock in the area. Motorists are advised to avoid the area.
2. Rabid Bat: Gaithersburg animal control officers are reminding residents to vaccinate their pets against the rabies virus after a rabid bat was captured in a condominium on Quince Orchard Boulevard this week. It’s the second rabid bat captured in the city limits of Gaithersburg this month.
3. Hot Ticket: Tickets are going fast for the Washington Spirit’s Saturday game against the NWSL’s number one ranked Chicago Red Stars at the Maryland SoccerPlex. The Spirit’s World Cup stars are expected to play in this game as well.
4. Engineering Crash Course: About 35 area high school students will compete in the annual Spaghetti Bridge Contest, marking the culmination of a four-week summer course called Engineering Innovation at Johns Hopkins University’s Rockville campus today. Kilo by kilo, students will add weight to the bridges until they shatter.
5. Farm Tour and more: Local farmers are gearing up for the 26th annual Farm Tour and Harvest Sale that takes place on Saturday and Sunday in Montgomery County. Check out our Weekend Planner for even more fun activities and events.
Don’t miss the latest episode of County Report This Week: