Five Things to Know Today, April 1, in Montgomery County
Here are your five things to know today, April 1, in Montgomery County:
1. This month is Autism Awareness month. See how Project Lifesaver is working to help those with autism stay safe.
2. The Montgomery County Council proclaimed April 22 a “Day in the Life of Montgomery County.” Learn more about the day here and how you can be part of it.
3. A brush fire consumed between 40 and 50 acres near the Montgomery County/Howard County border yesterday. You can watch the efforts to battle that blaze here.
4. As MCPS students finished taking the new PARCC exams, school officials here are taking a look at whether the state exams might replace final exams in the future.
5. Montgomery College President Dr. Pollard DeRionne is scheduled to deliver the “State of the College” address at 11 a.m. in room 151 of the Bioscience Education Center on the Germantown tomorrow.
For the latest news and events in Montgomery County, stay with MyMCMedia. We hope you’ll also follow MyMCMedia on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Finally, don’t miss the latest episode of “County Report This Week,” below: