Five Things to Know Today, April 13, in Montgomery County
Here are five things to know today, April 13, in Montgomery County:
1. It’s National Scrabble Day. Montgomery Parks invites County residents to stop by Elm Street Urban Park, Woodside Urban Park or Fairview Urban Park between 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. to play a game of Scrabble.
2. Once Upon a Prom is scheduled to host a dress give away at Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School today from 2:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
3. Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services is scheduled to host a fire safety workshop at the Plum Gar Recreation Center in Germantown today at 1 p.m. Topics include fire prevention, fire escape planning, smoke alarms, and carbon monoxide detectors.
4. The Board of Education is scheduled to hold a special meeting with the Montgomery County Association of Administrators and Principals (MCAAP) to discuss the implementation and impact of the Student Code of Conduct.
5. Artist in Residence Jan Knutson is scheduled to perform at The Mansion at Strathmore tonight at 7:30 p.m.
One more thing: Early voting begins tomorrow, April 14.