Five Things to Know Today, April 18, in Montgomery County
1. Washington Spirit: The Washington Spirit, a professional women’s soccer team, plays its home opener tonight at the Maryland SoccerPlex. Follow @MyMCMedia on Twitter for updates from the game.
2. Green Fun: A ribbon-cutting ceremony and family festival is set at the Visitor Center at Black Hill Park in Boyds today. Officials will also unveil the first Earth Bench in Maryland and a new kids corner.
3. National Park Week: It’s National Park Week and that means free admission for visitors today and tomorrow.
4. Yard Sale: Looking for bargains? Check out the Spring Yard Sale at Richard Montgomery High School today in Rockville.
5. Literary Festival: The Bethesda Literary Festival takes place this weekend at various locations.