Five Things to Know Today, April 18, in Montgomery County
Here are five things to know today, April 18, in Montgomery County:
1. Maryland Governor Larry Hogan is scheduled to attend the 2016 Regional BioTech Forum in Gaithersburg later today. This will be his second visit to Montgomery County in a week.
2. Early voting continues from 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. at ten locations across Montgomery County today. During the first four days of early voting, the Silver Spring Civic Building has been consistently the busiest center in Montgomery County.
3. Residential street sweeping begins today on 4,000 of the county’s more than 5,000 curb miles of road. Transportation crews are tasked with removing debris left behind from the winter snow season and improving the appearance and safety of county streets. You can get updates on the crews’ progress, here.
4. Poolesville Commissioners are meeting tonight and on the agenda is a synthetic ice rink. The owner of Mel’s Rink is encouraging his supporters to show their support for this potential new recreational rink at the town’s meeting tonight.
5. Have you filed your taxes? It’s Tax Deadline Day. Here are five tips if you can’t pay your taxes on time. Still working on your taxes? The U.S. Postal Service has an online search queue to help you find local locations that are open late tonight.
Save the Date: 4.22.16. That’s when we invite you to help us celebrate a Day in the Life of Montgomery County by documenting your day with pictures and video. This photo event celebrates why our county is so extraordinary. This year, for every photo and video we receive $1 will be donated to the Manna Food Center. Find out more in this video, below: