Five Things to Know Today, April 18, in Montgomery County
Here are five things to know today, April 18, in Montgomery County:
1. The kids are back in school today. Commuters shouldn’t expect easy traffic on their way to work.
2. The Montgomery County Council meets at 9:30 a.m. The agenda includes discussions on the fiscal 2018 budget and the Bethesda Sector Plan. In the evening, the council has a public hearing for bus rapid transit on U.S. 29.
3. Rep. John K. Delaney will host a Military Academy Night starting at 6 p.m. at Gaithersburg High School. Free. Parents and students interested in attending are encouraged to register online here or by calling 301-733-2900.
4. Ramp metering and variable speed limit signs will be part of Gov. Larry Hogan’s package of improvements for I-270. The details will be released in a couple of days, a spokeswoman said.
5. Mostly sunny today, low humidity and a zero chance of precipitation, according to the Weather Channel.
Save the date! Montgomery Community Media celebrates the 5th annual, “Day in the Life of Montgomery County” on April 20. That’s in just two days. Please join us for this 24-hour photo project that highlights the people and places that make Montgomery County such an extraordinary place to live, work and play.