Five Things to Know Today, April 19, in Montgomery County
Here are five things to know today, April 19, in Montgomery County:
1. The Montgomery County Council will receive an update on the Zika virus from the County’s Health Officer, Ulder Tillman. The meeting will take place at the Council office building in Rockville at 10:20 a.m.
2. Early voting continues from 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. at ten locations across Montgomery County until April 21. The Maryland Primary Election will take place one week from today on April 26.
3. Ride On is celebrating it’s 30th Annual Give and Ride program. Montgomery County Executive Ike Leggett will encourage Ride On passengers to donate food during a news conference at the Rockville Metro Station at 11 a.m. Passengers will receive a free bus ride for donating non-perishable food items from April 24 through April 30. Donations will be sent to Manna Food Center and benefit local students.
4. Silver Spring Town Center will host Twilight Tuesdays beginning tonight at 7 p.m. – 9 p.m. Artists Tim Brennan and Dayle McCarthy will perform live pop and jazz music at Veterans Plaza. The event is free and open to the public.
5. The Montgomery County Board of Education will convene a day-long meeting from 8:30 a.m – 4:30 p.m. One of the topics on the agenda involves a plan to relocate 100 buses from the Shady Grove Bus Depot to the Carver Educational Services Center parking lot. Currently, 747 residents have signed an online petition against the plan. The meeting will be live streamed on the MCPS website.
Save the Date: 4.22.16. That’s when we invite you to help us celebrate a Day in the Life of Montgomery County by documenting your day with pictures and video. This photo event celebrates why our county is so extraordinary. This year, for every photo and video we receive $1 will be donated to the Manna Food Center. Find out more in this video, below: