Five Things to Know Today, August 7, in Montgomery County
Here are your five things to know today, Aug. 7, in Montgomery County:
1. Name That Street: Rockville’s Planning Commission met this week and voted to name the street in front of Choice Hotels International Helen Heneghan Way.
2. Shop Maryland Tax-Free Week: Starting Sunday, August 9, apparel and footwear $100 or less are exempt from the state sales tax.
3. Maryland Redistricting Reform Commission: Governor Larry Hogan signs executive order to create a commission to examine Maryland’s redistricting process.
4. FINA World Championships: Bethesda’s Katie Ledecky competing today in the women’s 800-meter freestyle with finals on Saturday.
5. Weekend Planner: Our Weekend Planner is your guide to going out in Montgomery County this weekend.