Five Things to Know Today, Dec. 12, in Montgomery County
Here are five things to know today, Dec. 12, in Montgomery County:
1. Competency Hearing: Catherine Hoggle, the mother of missing Sarah (6) and Jacob Hoggle (4), is scheduled to appear in a Rockville courtroom today for a status hearing.
2. New President: Montgomery County Council President Roger Berliner is holding his first news briefing today. Berliner is expected to discuss increasing the minimum wage, White Oak, Marriott and more.
3. Smoke in the Sky: Montgomery County firefighters continue to battle a fire at the Resource Recovery Facility in Dickerson. The fire has been contained but it has not been extinguished so you may see smoke in the sky if you live in the vicinity of the facility.
4. Town Hall meeting: A meeting on community and police relations takes place tonight in Silver Spring.
5. On the Agenda: Rockville’s elected leaders are meeting tonight at City Hall, and the Council agenda is packed. A resolution designating the new city manager, and a public hearing on the Bikeway Master Plan are just two of the hot topics on the agenda.
— MyMCMedia (@mymcmedia) December 5, 2016