Five Things to Know Today, Dec. 15, in Montgomery County
1. Heroin is a growing problem in Montgomery County, according to State’s Attorney John McCarthy. Governor-elect Larry Hogan said he plans to declare a heroin emergency once he is sworn into office.
2. County officials are reminding residents to look out for each other this holiday season, especially in parking lots and shopping centers.
3. County Executive Ike Leggett has called for a review of the Montgomery County Airpark following last week’s plane crash.
4. A Gaithersburg restaurant has scheduled a fundraiser for the Gemmell family.
5. Patrick Cha of Chevy Chase is being honored nationally for his tennis and his story is one you will not soon forget.