Five Things to Know Today, Dec. 5, in Montgomery County
Here are your five things to know today, Dec. 5, in Montgomery County:
1. Plastic Bag Ban: A plastic bag ban is now in effect in Takoma Park.
2. President’s Briefing: Montgomery County Council President Nancy Floreen is expected to discuss raising the minimum wage, the landlord tenant bill, and the Bethesda Downtown Sector Plan at her weekly news briefing at 11 a.m. today in Rockville. She may also recap the Council’s accomplishments this past year as president. On Tuesday, the County Council is scheduled to elect new officers.
3. Dementia Friendly America: Montgomery County Executive Ike Leggett is holding a news conference with public safety and health and human services officials at 11 a.m. in Gaithersburg to discuss the county’s expanding efforts to help and support those suffering with dementia.
4. Hyatt House: Gaithersburg leaders will discuss the future of the Hyatt House at a meeting tonight at City Hall. You can peruse the agenda and background material, here.
5. Good Neighbors: Rockville city leaders will honor some good neighbors at City Hall tonight. Acting City Manager Craig Simoneau is also being recognized.
One more thing: The Montgomery County Planning Department is holding a public meeting tonight to discuss short term rentals, such as Airbnb. The meeting is from 7 – 9 p.m. at 8787 Georgia Avenue.
— MyMCMedia (@mymcmedia) December 5, 2016