Five Things to Know Today, Feb. 13, in Montgomery County
Here are five things to know today, Feb. 13, in Montgomery County:
1. In Silver Spring, nurses plan a protest at Holy Cross Hospital this morning to express their concerns with hospital staffing practices and their right to unionize.
2. The National Weather Service warns residents high winds will continue through this afternoon, with gusts possible up to 60 mph. The winds may result in downed tree limbs and power lines.
3. In Rockville, Montgomery County Council President Roger Berliner meets with reporters at 11 a.m. for his weekly briefing. He is expected to talk about updates on the status of bills before the Maryland General Assembly regarding the minimum wage, the Bethesda Downtown Sector Plan and its potential impact on transportation and schools, as well as the latest on immigration locally. The Bethesda plan is also the topic of a Council committee meeting today.
4. In Gaithersburg, the Mayor and City Council meet at 7:30 p.m. for a work session about small cell antennas. Part of the meeting is devoted to public comment.
5. In Rockville, the Mayor and City Council meet at 7 p.m. and on the agenda is a closed session to discuss the possible purchase of the Chestnut Lodge property.
— Montgomery Rec (@MoCoRec) February 12, 2017