Five Things to Know Today, Feb. 14, in Montgomery County
Happy Valentine’s Day! Here are five things to know today, Feb. 14, in Montgomery County:
1. The Montgomery County Council meets today in Rockville. On its agenda are a discussion on preventing hate crimes and a follow-up on the county’s response to the Aug. 10 Silver Spring apartment fire.
2. The county Board of Education is set to approve a $2.5 billion fiscal 2018 operating budget request today.
3. Speaking of school budgets, circle Feb. 15 on your calendar. In the Northwest High School cafeteria, County Council Education Committee Chair Craig Rice, Schools Superintendent Jack Smith and Montgomery College President DeRionne Pollard will start their series of public forums on the programs and budgets of the county’s public school system and its community college.
4. Community meetings are expected to take place in mid-to-late March to discuss potential sites for parking hundreds of county school buses, a county official said.
5. Need a Valentine’s date tonight? AMP by Strathmore in North Bethesda has the New Orchestra of Washington. Tickets $30. Still need dinner reservations? OpenTable.com lists a few openings at some of the area’s best restaurants.
One more thing,