Five Things to Know Today, Feb. 4, in Montgomery County
A Dense Fog Advisory is in effect until 7 a.m. today. Here are five more things to know today, Feb. 4, in Montgomery County:
1. The Montgomery County Board of Education (BOE) is set to announce the “conditional appointment” of the next MCPS superintendent at a special meeting tonight. Follow @MyMCMedia on Twitter for the latest.
2. A County Council committee is meeting to discuss the latest information about refugees and resettlements in Montgomery County this afternoon.
3. Over 1,500 Montgomery County residents may be impacted by a recent change in SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) policy. Manna Food Center is holding an informational session today, from 2- 3:30 p.m., at the Casey Health Institute in Gaithersburg to discuss the changes and impacts.
5. The opening reception for “Grab Bag,” an art exhibit featuring the work of Montgomery County high school students, is tonight from 6:30 – 8 p.m. at Johns Hopkins University Montgomery County campus, 9605 Medical Center Drive, in Rockville.
- Two Montgomery Blair high school students have been named Intel Science Talent Search finalists.
- The Montgomery County Animal Shelter has reunited a dog and his owner after one year of being apart. The reunion video has already been viewed over 1,000 times.
- Maryland Governor Larry Hogan delivered his State of the State address this week.
- It’s World Cancer Day.
Get involved with Montgomery Community Media! You are invited to our Advisory Council’s Feb. 10th meeting next week.