Five Things to Know Today, Feb. 7, in Montgomery County
Here are five things to know today, Feb. 7, in Montgomery County:
1. The Montgomery County Council meets today and one of the action items on the agenda is the proposed Greater Lyttonsville Sector Plan that would redevelop this historic section of Silver Spring. Also on the agenda, a public hearing about a $4.2 million supplemental appropriation for the Silver Spring Transit Center.
2. Have you noticed? Traffic is moving slower in Montgomery County, according to a new study by the Montgomery County Planning Board. Seven of the top ten bottlenecks occur along MD 355.
3. Speaking of traffic, an open house will be held tonight and tomorrow to learn more about MD 355 Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) Corridor Planning Study.
4. Montgomery Parks wants to know what you think about Long Branch-Wayne Local Park. A community meeting is set for 7 p.m. at Long Branch Community Recreation Center, 8700 Piney Branch Road, in Silver Spring.
5. Who can dance? Bring your kids (up to age 5) to a dance party at 6:30 p.m. at the Germantown Library. You know this will be fun!
— MCPL (@MCPL_Libraries) February 6, 2017