Five Things to Know Today, Feb. 8, in Montgomery County
Here are five things to know today, Feb. 8, in Montgomery County:
1. The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Storm Watch for our area.
2. Montgomery County Council President Nancy Floreen is scheduled to meet with reporters at 11 a.m. today for her weekly briefing in Rockville. Follow @MyMCMedia for the latest headlines from this briefing.
3. The National Cybersecurity Center of Excellence (NCCoE) is planning to dedicate its new building today on Great Seneca Highway in Rockville. There will be federal, state and local elected leaders at this event. You can watch the ceremony live, beginning at 11:30 a.m., here.
4. County Executive Ike Leggett is holding his final budget forum tonight at 7 p.m. at the BlackRock Center for Arts in Germantown.
5. Maryland State Highway Administration crews plan to close some lanes where I-495 and I-270 merge in Bethesda, tonight, for some overpass bridge work at Bradley Boulevard.
In Case You Missed It:
- Local leaders are mourning the loss of Scotland community activist Bette Thompson.
- The Sherwood girls swim team won Metros this weekend in Germantown.
- Hundreds of people attended the “State of Black Montgomery” event in Silver Spring on Saturday.
- The Olney Chamber of Commerce has established a scholarship fund in the name of Officer Noah Leotta for high school students. So far, the chamber has raised over $3,400 from local businesses and residents for this scholarship fund.