Five Things to Know Today, Feb. 9, in Montgomery County
Here are you five things to know today, Feb. 9, in Montgomery County:
1. The Montgomery County Public Schools district is opening two hours late today because of weather conditions. A final decision on opening school is scheduled for 7 a.m. on Tuesday.
3. The wintry forecast has pushed back the start of the Montgomery County Council meeting to 12:30 p.m. today. The agenda includes action on the Montgomery Village Master Plan.
4. Today, the future of the Confederate Soldier statue remains unknown. The Rockville Mayor and Council voted, 4-1, Monday night against accepting the Confederate Soldier statue from Montgomery County and relocating it to the Beall Dawson Historic Park.
5. The Montgomery County Board of Education meets today. On Monday, BOE President Michael Durso released a statement about the superintendent’s recommended operating budget to address the achievement gap.
In Case You Missed It:
- More snow days translate into a longer school year for MCPS students.
- The pre-sale for Beyonce’s The Formation World Tour begins today. Find out how you can get tickets, here.
- Union Jacks is preparing to close its Bethesda location, according to Bethesda Beat.