Five Things to Know Today, Jan. 6, in Montgomery County
Here are your five things to know today, Jan. 6, in Montgomery County:
1. Montgomery County Executive Isiah Leggett will hold the first of five budget forums tonight in Silver Spring.
2. Are you preparing to do your taxes? Maryland Comptroller Peter Franchot has announced the official opening of tax filing season.
3. Wheaton High School students and staff are starting off the New Year in a new building.
4. The owner of Mel’s Rink met with county officials this week to discuss their concerns with the public’s use of his backyard facility in Poolesville. Meanwhile, a GoFundMe page to save the rink has raised over $3,000 in three days and it is still growing.
5. In Gaithersburg, the Heritage exhibit is on display from now thru Feb. 21 at the Gaithersburg Activity Center.