Five Things to Know Today, July 31, in Montgomery County
1. Death Investigation: The Montgomery County Police Department is scheduled to hold a news conference at 11 a.m. today about the events that led to a fiery, fatal crash in Gaithersburg last month. A five-year-old child was killed in that crash at Fields Road and Sam Eiq Highway. Follow @MyMCMedia on Twitter for updates from the news conference.
2. Pedestrian Collisions are Down: The Department of Transportation reports that pedestrian collisions have declined by 16-percent in Montgomery County between 2014 and 2013.
3. Paving Operation: The City of Gaithersburg’s Department of Public Works is conducting paving operations on Harmony Hall Road, from the intersection of Muddy Branch Road to Cedar Avenue, today.
4. Water Main Break: WSSC crews have patched the holes in a 16-inch water main in Silver Spring but pipe replacement work and road repairs at Georgia Avenue and Colesville Avenue will continue at this location through Saturday. Follow WSSC on Twitter for updates.
5. Weekend Planner: Our Weekend Planner is your guide to going out in Montgomery County this weekend.