Five Things to Know Today, June 22, in Montgomery County
Here are five things to know today, June 22nd, in Montgomery County:
1. Wheaton Meeting: The Wheaton Redevelopment Project is the focus of a Montgomery County Department of Transportation meeting tonight at John F. Kennedy High School. The community meeting begins at 6:30 p.m. and you are invited to learn more about this project.
2. Park Plan: Montgomery Parks is hosting a community meeting tonight to review a plan to permanently close the southern entrance to Olney Manor Recreational Park. The meeting begins at 7:30 p.m. at the Washington Christian Academy on Batchellors Forest Road.
3. Climb-a-Tree: Bring the kids to climb a big tree at Fairview Park from 9 a.m. to noon today in Silver Spring. Arborists from Montgomery Parks will provide safety gear, assistance and encouragement.
4. Boating Season: Beginning today, the Clopper Lake Boat Center at Seneca Creek State Park is open five days a week (Wednesday – Sunday) for boat rentals, ice cream, drinks, and outdoor supplies. Kayaks, canoes, rowboats and pedal boats are available for rentals beginning at 8 a.m. today.
5. Westwood Wednesday: If you are in Bethesda between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m., then you don’t want to miss Westwood Wednesday at the Westward Shopping Center. There’s something for everyone at this event, including live music, food, and fun activities for the kids.
ICYMI: The Quicken Loans National golf tournament takes place this week at Congressional Country Club.