Five Things to Know Today, June 23, in Montgomery County
1. Governor Has Cancer: Maryland Governor Larry Hogan announced on Monday afternoon that he is battling cancer.
2. Statewide Support: Local leaders and residents across the state of Maryland are sending their thoughts and prayers to the governor for a speedy recovery.
3. Beat the Heat: It’s going to be one of the hottest days of the year. We have some tips to help you stay cool.
4. County Council Agenda: The Montgomery County Council meets today and some of the items on the elected leaders’ agenda include, the sick and safe leave bill, the green construction code, the Sandy Spring rural master plan, etc.
5. Call for Nominations: Montgomery County Executive Isiah Leggett is seeking nominations for this year’s Excellence in the Arts and Humanities Awards. The deadline for nominations is July 31.
For the latest news and events in Montgomery County, stay with MyMCMedia. We are excited to announce that our website is getting a new look this summer and we can’t wait to share it with you. We hope you will also follow MyMCMedia on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.