Five Things to Know Today, June 30, in Montgomery County
1. Privatizing Economic Development: The Montgomery County Council is scheduled to vote today on a plan to privatize the county’s Department of Economic Development.
2. Transportation and School Tax Bill: Montgomery County Councilmembers Marc Elrich and Craig Rice are introducing a bill today that would amend county law regarding transportation and school impact taxes, eliminating Metro Station Policy Areas and Clarksburg as separate tax districts and incorporating those areas into the countywide tax.
3. Beer and Wine Sales: The Montgomery County Council’s Ad Hoc Committee on Liquor Control will introduce a resolution at 9:40 a.m. this morning that asks Maryland lawmakers to change state law to permit the wholesale distribution of special order beer and wine products in Montgomery County by private wholesalers.
4. Summer Classes: The Gilchrist Center for Cultural Diversity, Montgomery County’s official welcome center for immigrants and new residents, has announced its summer 2015 classes and programs.
5. BikeShare Deadline: Today’s the deadline for low income residents who meet eligibility requirements to sign up for a free year of Capital Bikeshare membership that also includes free bike safety training, a helmet and route planning services.
For the latest news and events in Montgomery County, stay with MyMCMedia. We are excited to announce that our website is getting a new look this summer and we can’t wait to share it with you. We hope you will also follow MyMCMedia on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.