Five Things to Know Today, March 16, in Montgomery County
Here are your five things to know today, March 16, in Montgomery County:
1. The entire Metro system shut down at midnight after officials raised concerns about passenger safety following a cable fire on March 14. The system will remain closed until 5 a.m. on Thursday.
2. Federal government employees who work for agencies based in D.C. have the option for unscheduled leave or to telecommute due to Metro’s shutdown.
3. The Maryland House of Delegates passed “Noah’s Law” on Tuesday. In this MyMCMedia Extra video, Montgomery County Police Chief Tom Mangers discusses what the law means to him.
4. Montgomery County Councilmember Craig Rice is scheduled to hold an Education Budget meeting at Magruder High School at 6:30 p.m. tonight. The scheduled meeting is happening a day after Montgomery County Executive Ike Leggett unveiled his proposed FY17 budget.
5. Montgomery County Councilmember Sidney Katz is scheduled to host a community meeting at Beall Elementary School tonight at 7 p.m. The meeting is a part of a series of informal series; “Share Your Concerns with Sidney.”