Five Things to Know Today, March 18, in Montgomery County
1. Maryland State Police are investigating a fatal pedestrian collision that happened overnight on southbound I-270.
2. Montgomery County Councilmember Hans Riemer has introduced a bill to create a new county office that would focus on child care.
3. The search is underway for a dog that bit a first grader outside Flower Hill Elementary School in Gaithersburg.
4. Montgomery County police are investigating a homicide that occurred Monday night in Silver Spring.
5. Exelon Corporation and Pepco Holdings Inc. announced Tuesday that they have reached a settlement agreement with Montgomery and Prince George’s counties in the proceeding before the Maryland Public Service Commission to review the companies’ proposed merger.